How to apply

Newsletter subscription

Get hot news about studies in Lithuania straight to your inbox. Register for the newsletter right now.

Admission Requirements


What studies do you want to choose?

If you want to study in the first-cycle (Bachelor’s) programme at the particular higher education institution in Lithuania you need to have a Secondary Education Diploma (school leaving certificate) or an equivalent qualification.
To be admitted to the second-cycle university programme you should hold a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification (usually in the respective field).
In order to enter the third-cycle university studies (Doctoral, as well as residency, postgraduate Arts studies), you should have either a Master’s or a corresponding degree in the respective study field.
All institutions have equal opportunity policies; admission to studies at any stage is based on competition which is laid down by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania.

Recognition of your education acquired abroad:

You, as a foreign citizen, must have his/her education documents recognised in the Republic of Lithuania. The evaluation and recognition of foreign school-leaving certificates and higher education qualifications is carried out accordingly by the Lithuanian Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (CQAHE):

Language requirements

A foreign national seeking access to studies in Lithuania has to be proficient in the language of instruction:

  • If the study program of your choice is taught in Lithuanian language, you will have to pass a Lithuanian proficiency test. The test of Lithuanian language is to evaluate applicant’s ability to study in Lithuanian language. Listening, reading, writing and speaking skills and the ability to use the language are assessed during the test. For questions regarding the test of Lithuanian language you have to contact the Dept. of Lithuanian Studies (Faculty of Philology) at Vilnius University (Universiteto g. 5, Vilnius). For more information please contact +370 5 268 7215 or 


  • If the studies are in English or another language, you will either need a certificate proving your language level (higher education institutions have their own requirements on the score needed), or pass the language proficiency test provided by the higher education institution.

Find study programmes

Student experience